Cyber Incident Response
Cyber Incident Response
Businesses that experience a cyber attack must take immediate steps to respond and mitigate the damage.
The iLLÜM Advisors’ team has decades of experience working with organizations not only to respond and recover from active attacks but also to properly prepare the business for impending cyber-attacks. We do this by training the entire organization on how to identify and respond to cyber threats while also developing appropriate plans for the organization to respond to cyber-attacks. This enables our clients to take the necessary steps to quickly contain and mitigate the damage from attacks:
- Contain the attack: The first step is to contain the attack and prevent it from spreading further. This can include disconnecting affected systems from the network, shutting down servers, and disabling access to the affected systems.
- Assess the damage: Once the attack has been contained, the business should assess the damage to determine the extent of the breach. This includes identifying which systems and data have been affected and whether any data has been stolen or compromised.
- Notify the authorities: If personal or confidential information has been compromised, the business should notify the relevant authorities, such as the police and regulatory bodies.
- Restore normal operations: Once the damage has been assessed, the business should take steps to restore normal operations as quickly as possible. This may include restoring backups, reconfiguring systems, and patching vulnerabilities.
- Review and improve security: After the attack has been handled, the business should review its security protocols and take steps to improve them. This can include implementing new security measures, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption, as well as updating software and training employees on security best practices.
- Communicate with customers: If the attack has affected customer data, the business should communicate with customers about the attack and any steps that have been taken to mitigate the damage.
- Learn from the experience: Finally, the business should learn from the experience and use it to improve its overall security posture. This can include reviewing the incident response plan, conducting a post-incident review, and using the lessons learned to improve the company’s security strategy.
iLLÜM Advisors approaches cyber incidents with a standard phased approach: